Nadia takes scRNA-Seq to the next level by using automation and flexibility to generate high quality reproducible single cell data.
Nadia is an automated, microfluidic droplet-based platform for single cell research that encapsulates up to 8 samples, in parallel, in under 20 mins. Over 50,000 single cells can be captured per cartridge in a run. The fully automated Nadia Instrument guides users through all relevant steps of the experiment via an easy-to-use touchscreen interface.
Adding the Nadia Innovate upgrade to the Nadia instrument transforms it into an open system, for the development of novel protocols and applications.
- Automation: Fully automated sample encapsulation.
- Ease of use: Automatic detection of application-specific cartridges, touch screen interface and sample loading guide lights.
- Scalability: Processing capability of up to 8 samples in parallel.
- Temperature control: Automated sample chilling to maintain transcriptome state.
- Single use cartridge: Disposable cartridges with no wetted parts to avoid cross contamination.
- Truly single cell: Ultra low cell doublet rates due to gentle cell agitation
- Single cell analysis software: Use Partek Flow software to seamlessly analyze Nadia data, without any prior bioinformatics experience.
Techniques such as high throughput scRNASeq offer the unique capability of obtaining qualitative and quantitative transcriptome information from single cells. With this technology, single cells from heterogenous samples, including cultured cells, biopsies, blood and other tissues, can be rapidly profiled for quantification of gene expression and identification and identification of specific cells or cell sub-types.
The Nadia single cell instrument is a microfluidic solution that automatically runs 1, 2, 4 or 8 cells samples in parallel in under 20 minutes. By automatically encapsulating single cells in microfluidic droplets with mRNA capture beads. Over 50,000 single cells are captured per cartridge in a run. After sequencing, this enables detailed profiling of large heterogeneous cell populations.
Dolomite Bio’s in-house team of biologists and worldwide network of local specialists work with you to provide advice for your application, product demonstrations, installation, training and support.
Nadia Technology Highlights
The Nadia product family elegantly solves a range of industry-wide single cell profiling challenges by implementing a range of technological innovations.
- OIL AND SURFACTANT Biocompatible oil and emulsion stabiliser are needed to enable droplet formation.
- FILTERS On-chip filters allow cells and beads through but filter out fibres and other particulates, maximizing successful runs.
- OIL U-BEND The oil well U-bend is proprietary technology that avoids unwanted oil wicking into the microfluidic channel before the run starts This ensures the highest quality droplets and minimizes cell doublets. Also, by a novel automated oil priming step, wicking of aqueous fluids is also avoided.
- CELL STIRRER In-built stirrers gently agitate the cell samples during the run. This proprietary technology maximizes data quality (by minimizing cell doublets and ensuring an even distribution of single cells throughout the run) and maximizes successful runs by avoiding blockages. The stirrers avoid cell damage by rotating gently and away from walls or bottom of the well.
- GUIDE LIGHTS Under-chip guide lights and a wizard-style touchscreen user interface indicate which wells to fill at each step, avoiding potential user errors.
- BEAD STIRRERS Beads are stirred to ensure singulation and an even distribution of beads throughout the run.
- BARCODED mRNA CAPTURE BEADS Beads are needed with unique bead barcodes and UMIs (Unique Molecular Identifiers) to ensure barcoding of cDNA and elimination of the effects of amplification bias.
- HIGH THROUGHPUT DROPLET JUNCTION Approximately 6000 cells are co-encapsulated with a bead per channel. Live junction visualisation is enabled when using the Nadia Innovate.
- CARTRIDGES AND CHIPS Up to 8 chips can be held in one cartridge.
- TEMPERATURE CONTROLLER The in-built temperature controller maintains the cell transcription profile by chilling samples throughout the run. It also minimizes cell doublets by eliminating the effect of ambient temperature changes and hence changes in droplet size.
PRESSURE PUMPS The ultra-smooth pressure pumps ensure the most monodisperse droplets possible, thereby maximizing the number of single cells captured. This is achieved by avoiding doublets in larger droplets and avoiding cells not encapsulated with a bead in smaller droplets.