Nadia, developed by Dolomite Bio, takes high throughput scRNA-Seq to the next level by using innovation to solve a vast range of industry-wide challenges. By automatically encapsulating single cells in microfluidic droplets with mRNA capture beads, Nadia generates up to 48,000 barcoded single cell mRNA libraries in 15 minutes. After automatically detecting an application-specific microfluidic cartridge e.g. for scRNA-Seq, the Nadia Instrument guides users through sample loading via the touchscreen user interface and runs the samples automatically. After sequencing, this enables detailed profiling of large heterogeneous cell populations.
Adding the Nadia Innovate upgrade to the Nadia instrument transforms it into an open system, for the development of novel protocols and applications.
- High throughput: Run 1, 2, 4 or 8 samples in parallel with automation in ~15 mins generating up to 6,000 single cell libraries
- Flexibly Configurable: When transformed by using the Nadia Innovate
- Easy to use: Fully automated sample encapsulation steps including – automatic detection of application-specific cartridges containing chips e.g. for scRNA-Seq, intuitive touch screen interface and sample loading guide lights
- Truly single cell: Ultra low cell doublet rates due to gentle cell agitation
- High quality results: Sample chilling maintains transcriptome state
- No cross contamination: Disposable microfluidic chips and no wetted instrument parts
- Wide range of applications: Designed for a wide variety of applications, automatically controlling flow rate, temperature, agitation and timings
Techniques such as high throughput scRNA-Seq (single cell RNA sequencing) offer an unprecedented combination of quality and quantity of single cell data. For example, heterogeneous samples from tissues, blood, etc., containing thousands of cells can be rapidly profiled at the single cell level. This enables the quantification of gene expression and in turn the identification and quantification of individual cell types.
The Nadia Instrument is a microfluidic droplet-based platform for single cell research that automatically runs 1, 2, 4 or 8 cell samples in parallel in ~15 mins. Each sample generates up to 6,000 high quality single cell libraries. After automatically detecting an application-specific microfluidic cartridge e.g. for scRNA-Seq, the Nadia Instrument guides users through sample loading via the touchscreen user interface and runs the samples automatically.
Adding the Nadia Innovate upgrade transforms it into an open system, for the development of novel protocols and applications.
Dolomite Bio’s in-house team of biologists and worldwide network of local specialists work with you to provide advice for your application, product demonstrations, installation, training and support.
Nadia Technology Highlights
The Nadia product family elegantly solves a range of industry-wide single cell profiling challenges by implementing a range of technological innovations.
- OIL AND SURFACTANT Biocompatible oil and emulsion stabiliser are needed to enable droplet formation.
- FILTERS On-chip filters allow cells and beads through but filter out fibres and other particulates, maximizing successful runs.
- OIL U-BEND The oil well U-bend is proprietary technology that avoids unwanted oil wicking into the microfluidic channel before the run starts This ensures the highest quality droplets and minimizes cell doublets. Also, by a novel automated oil priming step, wicking of aqueous fluids is also avoided.
- CELL STIRRER In-built stirrers gently agitate the cell samples during the run. This proprietary technology maximizes data quality (by minimizing cell doublets and ensuring an even distribution of single cells throughout the run) and maximizes successful runs by avoiding blockages. The stirrers avoid cell damage by rotating gently and away from walls or bottom of the well.
- GUIDE LIGHTS Under-chip guide lights and a wizard-style touchscreen user interface indicate which wells to fill at each step, avoiding potential user errors.
- SAMPLE LOADING PORTS Easy sample loading is achieved by ports designed to accept standard pipette tips.
- BEAD STIRRERS Beads are stirred to ensure singulation and an even distribution of beads throughout the run.
- BARCODED mRNA CAPTURE BEADS Beads are needed with unique bead barcodes and UMIs (Unique Molecular Identifiers) to ensure barcoding of cDNA and elimination of the effects of amplification bias.
- HIGH THROUGHPUT DROPLET JUNCTION Approximately 6000 cells are co-encapsulated with a bead per channel. Live junction visualisation is enabled when using the Nadia Innovate.
- TEMPERATURE CONTROLLER The in-built temperature controller maintains the cell transcription profile by chilling samples throughout the run. It also minimizes cell doublets by eliminating the effect of ambient temperature changes and hence changes in droplet size.
PRESSURE PUMPS The ultra-smooth pressure pumps ensure the most monodisperse droplets possible, thereby maximizing the number of single cells captured. This is achieved by avoiding doublets in larger droplets and avoiding cells not encapsulated with a bead in smaller droplets.